Discover these easy and quick to make mini summer fruits in brick stitch. They are ideal for beginners and experts alike. I have been inspired by the recent patterns proposed by the talented creative @teaforyoubijoux on Instagram which are very cute small characters from a mobile phone game. The small size of the weaving make them very easy to do. I played with these bright colours to make this designs as joyful as possible. As you know, I also like to find a purpose to my creations so I will show you here how to turn them into simple stud earrings.
- Miyuki beads as per the list below (an alternative fushia reference is proposed on the bead list of the pattern)
- Miyuki beading thread in white or pink
- Miyuki beading thin and long needle
- Hasulith jewellery glue
- Sterling silver earring studs
- this free pattern (as usual, it is for your personal use only and registered under creative commons license CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 which means it is not for commercial use)
If you are new at Miyuki delica bead weaving, discover my comprehensive guide for materials and tools.
1. Bead weaving in brick stitch
The patterns shown above are easily done using the main techniques in brick stitch:
- Decrease at the beginning of the row
- Increase at the beginning of the row
- Increase at the end of the row.
I will not detail all the techniques in this post as they are all explained in detail in my previous post about the bases of brick stitch here.
Once you have prepared your beadworks, just put a fair amount of glue on the flat circle of the stud earrings and place the beadwork on it.
Make sure it is well centred and leave it to dry for 2 hours.
You can now enjoy wearing your creations. Do note hesitate to play with the colours to match your summer style!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
You may also like:
- my little owls in brick stitch
- my Chinese New Year rooster and lanterns in brick stitch
- my Ginko leaf in brick stitch
- my origami elephant in brick stitch
- my fringes earrings
I am also always happy to hear about you in the comments below.