Discover a zero waste way of life for the entire family with these cloth wipes which are convenient, economical, ecological, trendy and sustainable!
They can replace all the cotton pads and other wipes that fill up your bin.
They are ideal for the cleaning of sensitive baby and mommy skins alike.
For the moms: they can replace the make-up remover wipes and can be kept in your purse to dry your hands.
For babies: they are great at drying baby’s skin after change, at cleaning baby in the baby and also at wiping baby’s face and hands every day.
As I have done previously for the baby garland on my Instagram account, I made this mini sewing tutorial 📝for you to create these #lingetteslavables washable wipes that could be used for both your baby and yourself.
- 100% cotton printed fabric
- Bamboo viscose sponge fabric (softer than cotton) OEKO-TEX (eco label that guarantees this fabric is made without chemicals)
- sewing machine
1. I have made 10 wipes with different types of fabric, of course, you can choose to use only one type.
I have made a pattern which dimensions are 15cmx15cm using a piece of cut paper. You can also use a special ruler for patchwork pieces 15cmx15cm.
Using the pattern: pin the fabric and cut your square. Repeat with the sponge fabric.
2. Place the fabrics right side against right side. Pin.
On one of the faces, mark two references 4cm apart. You won’t sew between these marks to be able to turn the wipe inside out.
3. Sew with a straight stitch starting from one mark at about 1cm from the edge and stop at the second mark.
4. Cut the angles and the excess of fabric if any.
5. Turn the wipe inside out through the opening. Push well the fabric in the corner to form nice corners.
6. Close the opening with an invisible stitch by hand or with the machine very close to the fold.
Iron the wipe.
You can also make a second seam all around the wipe at about 0.5cm from the edge if you like this finishing touch, it can replace the invisible stitch (see the title picture) or leave it like that.
They are ready! 💕👌🏼 I suggest you to wash them at 40 degrees before use.
I hope this tutorial will help you.
#petitboutdechouhk #tutocouture #tutocouturegratuit #couturebebe #couturedebutant #lingettesecolo #coudrecestfacile #passioncouture #coudrepourbebe @ Hong Kong
Una idea genial!!!
Estoy deseando probar!!!
Gracias por compartir